The USANA RESET Nation Challenge is all about making a change. It’s about pushing yourself for 12 weeks to shed some pounds and arrive at your destination—a new you.
From January 18–April 22, you have the opportunity to manage your weight and win big. We have over $150,000 in prizes to help give you the extra motivation you need to succeed. To win, there are a few things you need to know.
In the United States and Canada, you have five categories you can compete in:
- Male: Top three males with the highest percentage of weight loss win the grand prize
- Female: Top three females with the highest percentage of weight loss win the grand prize
- Partners: Top three teams (maximum two participants per team) with the highest percentage of weight loss win the grand prize
- Total Weight Loss: Top three participants with the highest total weight loss win the grand prize
- Essays/Stories: Top three participants with the best essays or stories about how the Challenge changed their life win the grand prize
In Colombia, Australia, and New Zealand, there is only one category—highest percentage of weight loss for an individual. Australia and Colombia will have two grand-prize winners, and New Zealand will have one.
For the United Kingdom, Netherlands, France, and Belgium, there is only one category—highest percentage weight loss for an individual. There will be two grand-prize winners from these combined markets.
Complete Your Entry
Once you’ve opted in, you may then select a partner. Enter your starting weight, send in a “before” picture, and start managing your weight. Instructions for completing your entry and taking your “before” and “after” photos can be found below in the official Challenge rules.
If you’re in the U.S. and Canada, you can compete with a partner. You will both need to opt in before you can partner. If you’ve already opted in, you’ll be able to add a partner by going to the “Edit Profile” portion of your dashboard. On that page you will find a search, where you can search by typing in your partner’s user name. Once you select a partner, that person will receive a message on their dashboard asking them if they would like to partner with you.
If you are setting up a partnership, you will need to choose a team name, as well. Once a partnership is proposed and accepted, it cannot be terminated for the duration of the Challenge. So choose wisely, because you’ll be partnered with that person for 12 weeks.
There are just a few other things you should do. First, go to the Shopping Cart and buy a RESET Kit and other USANA® Foods products that will help you reach your destination. To be eligible to win, you must make a USANA Foods or RESET purchase of at least $49.95 US sometime during the RESET Challenge. You can also save on some of your favorite USANA foods products.
You also need to take USANA’s revolutionary True Health Assessment. Answering the questions and reviewing your top risk areas, personalized product recommendations, and customized lifestyle plan will help keep you on the path to transformation during the Challenge and beyond.
Track Your Weight
Throughout the Challenge, you will also have to track your weight. Once a week, you should submit your weight so you can track your progress and see how you stack up against the competition.
Tracking your progress is easy. All you have to do is enter your current weight and the system will calculate your percentage of weight loss and your total amount lost. You’ll be able to see how you compare to others and see how each country compares to each other.
Finishing the Challenge
When the 12 weeks of the RESET Challenge are drawing to a close, there are a few things you’ll need to do, as well. Entering your final weight and taking your “after” photo are two of the most important things. You must also submit an essay about how the Challenge made a difference in your life. All of these steps need to be completed by 11:59 p.m. (MST) on April 22, 2016 for you to be eligible to win the RESET Challenge. Mark your calendars, and keep up with the to-do list in your dashboard to make sure you don’t miss a chance to win big.
Judging will begin shortly after April 22, 2016. For more information about the judging process, see the official rules below.
- All participants must be residents of the United States*, Colombia, Canada, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Australia, or New Zealand only. *The following U.S. Territories will be included: Guam, Puerto Rico & Saipan.
- All participants must opt in to play and win. They may opt in and begin participating any time during the challenge period.
- A participant is an individual person or a partnership. A partnership consists of two people (who must be either USANA Associates or Preferred Customers). Partners do not necessarily need to be in the same Distributorship.
- All entries submitted, including essays and photographs, become property of USANA Health Sciences, Inc., and will not be returned. By submitting an entry, you grant USANA the right to record, copy, publish, use, edit, exhibit, distribute, perform, merchandise, market, license, sublicense, adapt, and/or modify your entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation and without any compensation. You agree to abide by these official rules and the judges' decisions, which are final in all respects and will not be divulged.
- No other weight-loss supplements or weight-reducing prescriptions are to be used while participating in the RESET Challenge. No entrants are to have had surgical weight-loss procedures including, but not limited to, liposuction or gastric bypass. No use of anabolic steroids, human growth hormones, or prescription thyroid medications that are not prescribed by a licensed physician for a known medical condition are to be used during your participating in the RESET Challenge.
There are three steps required for valid submission of your entry.
Step 1—To officially sign up, you will need:
- Associate or Preferred Customer ID
- First and last name
- E-mail address
- “Before” photo to upload
- Starting weight
Step 2—Track your weight weekly for the entire challenge and stay on top of your goals.
Step 3—To officially complete the challenge, you will need:
- Associate or PC ID
- First and last name
- E-mail address
- “After” photo to upload
- Ending weight
- Complete the True Health Assessment
- Essay on how the RESET Challenge has improved your quality of life
Only those people who complete all of the above steps and submit them by 11:59 p.m. (MST) April 22, 2016 will be eligible to win the RESET Challenge.
Photograph Submission Requirements
Have a photograph taken of yourself from the front, holding that day’s edition of a major newspaper (example: USA Today or a local daily paper). Wear form-fitting attire and adopt a comfortable, relaxed stance with your arms at your sides. This same stance must also be used in your “After” photo so the judges can easily see the full progress you have made during the RESET Challenge.
The photo should show your body from head to toe, and your upper body, face, and the headline from the front page of the newspaper MUST be clearly visible. For verification purposes, the headline must be clearly visible in both your “Before” and “After” photographs. You must keep the front page of the newspapers used in both photo submissions in order to be able to produce the newspapers upon request.
Your “Before” photo, validated with a major newspaper and taken within a week of beginning the Challenge, can be uploaded starting January 15, 2016. You must upload your photo no more than one day after you have taken it.
“After” Photo and Entry Submission
Submit your “After” photograph following the same guidelines required for the “Before” photo, and include an “After” essay. Please tell us your inspirational story so we can celebrate your success! Let us know how the RESET Challenge has helped change your outlook on life, and how you’ve been able to inspire others.
Incomplete or illegible entries will be automatically disqualified. Materials will not be returned or acknowledged. All submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. (MST), April 22, 2016.
Preliminary judging: Shortly after April 22, 2016, all valid entry submissions received by the deadline dates stated above will be reviewed by a panel of judges to determine the top entry with the highest score determined by the following criteria:
- 75 percent is the overall transformation based on physical improvement, photo, and weight-management accomplishment.
- 20 percent is the final essay, explaining your inner transformation as well as the degree to which participation in the RESET Challenge has improved your quality of life.
- 5 percent is based on how well you have kept track of—and input—your weekly weight throughout the RESET Challenge.
In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined based on the highest score for “overall transformation.” In the event of a further tie, the winner will be determined based on the highest score for submitted essay. In the event of a further tie, the winner will be determined based on how many times they entered in their weight and measurements online.
- All winners must have a current passport in order to enter into Mexico.
- Track your weekly weight on resetnationchallenge.com on your dashboard. Enter in your weekly weight loss, and your weight-loss percentage will be automatically calculated for you.
- Participants who win airfare vouchers will be responsible for booking their own flights, for which they will be reimbursed. Airfare vouchers are valued at $500 US, or $1,500 US for winners in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Colombia, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Participants must attend the Sanoviv getaway to be reimbursed for airfare purchase.
- Winners will only be reimbursed for airfare voucher and tax, but no other charges.
- Winner(s) will be notified within 10 days of the conclusion of the Challenge.
- Prizes are not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Odds of winning are dependent upon number of entrants per category.
- To be eligible to receive any prize under this challenge, an Associate or Preferred Customer must be considered by USANA to be in good standing at the time the winner is announced.
- The cash value of the prize is income to the winner. All taxes, if applicable, are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. The fair market value of all prizes will be reported to the IRS pursuant to IRS regulations. No substitutions or transfer of prizes are permitted.
- USANA reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value in the event that an advertised prize is unavailable.
- No prize substitution will be allowed except at the sole discretion of USANA. Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of USANA Health Sciences, their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising, and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter.
- Any breach of the Associate Agreement or Policies & Procedures will disqualify Associates from participation in the challenge in addition to any sanctions under the Associate Agreement.
- This challenge is void where prohibited by law.
- USANA is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected online entries or transactions for incorrect, inaccurate, or incomplete entry information whether caused by any equipment, or technical malfunction or for any human error, technical error, or malfunctions. USANA reserves the right to halt or modify the challenge at any time during the challenge period if events beyond their control compromise the integrity or fairness of the challenge.
- USANA, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participating in the challenge, refuse to award prizes, and require the return of any prizes if entrant engages in any conduct USANA deems to be improper, unfair, or otherwise adverse to the operation of the challenge or detrimental to other entrants. Such improper conduct includes, but is not limited to, falsifying personal information required during the challenge.
- USANA reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the challenge.
- This challenge may not be used for any form of gambling.
- If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of USANA which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this challenge, USANA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the challenge. In such event, USANA further reserves the right to award prizes to the players with the most points as of the termination date.
- USANA assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or transactions. USANA is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail entry or transaction to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this challenge.
- Any attempts to avoid compliance with these rules or with the Associate Agreement will result in an automatic disqualification from the challenge in addition to any sanctions under the Associate Agreement. If a prizewinner voluntarily or involuntarily terminates his/her distributorship under the terms of the Associate Agreement before the end of the challenge, they will forfeit any right to a prize.
- Any Preferred Customers who win must turn in a completed W-9 form before they can attend Sanoviv.